Landis+Gyr Announces Release of Command Center 6.2
Update Enhances Monitoring and Management of Gridstream System
ATLANTA, GA. – July 22, 2014 – Landis+Gyr announces the release of version 6.2 of its operating software, Command Center, for the Gridstream® advanced metering and grid management system.
The latest version supports new network management tools for routers and collectors, improved monitoring of load-side meter voltage and remote service switch operations, as well as scheduled “snapshots” of meter information, such as temperature, to aid in diagnostics and analytics.
“This system update continues to address the needs of our Gridstream customers by providing enhanced controls and monitoring functions across the system to improve efficiency and security and gain added visibility across the network,” said Lisa Washburn, Director of Software Product Management. “These features are offered in addition to added support for new products and meters.”
New features include:
- Load-side voltage monitoring and alarms that help utilities detect load on a disconnected meter for identification of a tamper condition.
- Enhanced monitoring of remote service switch activity with the ability to define thresholds for a number of operations and scheduled maintenance.
- Ability to specify exact time of snapshot readings of meter data for applications such as temperature monitoring, voltage analysis and coincident demand.
- Enhanced network management capabilities via health indicators from the collectors and routers, and ability to return a variety of network statistic data for analysis.
- More granular control of firmware broadcast commands.
New products supported within Version 6.2 include the latest Gridstream endpoints designed for the E331 and E351 FOCUS® AXe and E650 S4x meter offerings with enhanced performance features.
Command Center is a multi-platform operating system used by utilities in North America, South America and Asia to manage Gridstream advanced metering network technologies, including RF mesh, PLC and cellular. The 6.2 version release is available now for all Gridstream customers.
Landis+Gyr is the leading global provider of integrated energy management products tailored to energy company needs and unique in its ability to deliver true end-to-end advanced metering solutions. Today, the Company offers the broadest portfolio of products and services in the electricity metering industry, and is paving the way for the next generation of smart grid. With annualized sales of more than US$1.5 billion, Landis+Gyr, an independent growth platform of the Toshiba Corporation (TKY:6502) and 40% owned by the Innovation Network Corporation of Japan, operates in 30 countries across five continents, and employs 5,500 people with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better. More information is available at landisgyr.com.