Head of Global Component Management (Switzerland)
Location: Zug, Switzerland
Landis+Gyr is the leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios, we deliver innovative and flexible solutions to help utilities solve their complex challenges in smart metering, grid edge intelligence and smart infrastructure. With sales of USD 1.8 billion, Landis+Gyr employs approximately 5,600 people in over 30 countries across five continents, with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better. Within the global R&D organization of Landis+Gyr we are looking in our headquarter in Zug for a competent and experienced personality as Head of Global Component Management.
In this challenging and rewarding management position you will be leading the global component management and design for reliability organizations within L+G – together with a team of 3 direct and 20 indirect reports.
- Manage teams for Global Component Management (GCM) and Design for Reliability (DFR)
- Develop and maintain a framework of related processes, including process descriptions, guidelines, checklists and templates and provide related trainings
- Manage the complete lifecycle of electronic components incl. introduction, qualification, change management, obsolescence and ensure compliance with DFR processes
- Complete roll-out and ensure further development and maintenance of electrical component management within the L+G global Product Data Management (PDM) system
- Cooperate with Supply Chain Management (SCM) and procurement for introducing new components or manufacturers and manage related component topics such as multi-sourcing, supply issues, cost-out
- Develop and maintain together with L+G Quality a global database for component and reliability issues and implement related learnings into the framework of related processes
This senior position requires
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering and several years of experience in electrical HW design
- Strong leadership skills and being capable to manage teams in a globally distributed geography
- Broad experience in cooperating with Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) or Contract Manufactures (CM), SCM and procurement functions
- Track record for developing process guidelines, including swim lanes, RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed) tables etc.
- Good understanding of HW development processes and tools
- Very good communication skills in English and German
You are a creative thinker and you enjoy working within a team of highly skilled engineers and you have the drive and enthusiasm to master this challenging role we are looking forward to meeting you. Please send your application to jobsCH@landisgyr.com, Katja Bode, Human Resources Manager in Zug, Switzerland.
Share this position: https://www.landisgyr.eu/openings/head-of-global-component-management/