S610 Line Sensor
The S610 Line Sensor is a plug and play, power harvesting fault circuit indicator that brings dependable fault location and accurate load logging to any point along the electric distribution network. Designed to work within the Gridstream® RF communications network,… Read more
A Power Harvesting Line Sensor for Fault Detection and Overall Grid Resiliency
The S610 Line Sensor is a plug and play, power harvesting fault circuit indicator that brings dependable fault location and accurate load logging to any point along the electric distribution network. Designed to work within the Gridstream® RF communications network, the S610 immediately puts specific alerts and actionable intelligence at the user’s fingertips.
Sensing and measurement capabilities include current, conductor temperature and voltage characteristics in addition to GPS and a precision clock. Onboard intelligence and processing power enable the device to perform analysis at the point of installation while funneling only the most valuable information and alerts back to the utility over the Gridstream RF network.
Developed for a long, maintenance-free life, the line sensor’s power harvesting technology generates all power needed for operation from the magnetic fields surrounding a conductor. A simple installation process via hot stick anywhere along the line, the S610 line sensor requires no pole attachments or secondary power source. This line sensor is a simple and cost-effective way to increase distribution grid management and performance for all utilities.
- Plug and play, installs in minutes
- Power harvesting, no secondary power source needed
- Integrated Gridstream network communication with auto registration
- Secure Bluetooth for local communications
- Over the air upgradeable
- Comprehensive DNP3 points list
- Alerts with location, fault specific information and directional power flow
- Stores data and analyzes locally
- Identifies faults on feeders and laterals
- Measures current, voltage characteristics, conductor temperature
- Calibrated for NIST traceability