Landis+Gyr’s LTE-M cellular communication for the FOCUS AXe/AXe-SD meters provides Gridstream® Connect customers with another AMI option that is feature-rich and simple to deploy.
Key features include:
- Active and reactive energy and demand (TOU capable),
- including bi-directional measurement
- Integrates into all forms, classes, and voltages of the FOCUS AXe/AXe-SD, including remote disconnect/connect capabilities, and service limiting
- Detection, logging, and reporting of diagnostic information for each meter
- Modem, module, ZigBee, and metrology firmware can be upgraded over the cellular network with no interruption of readings during upgrades
- Two sets of load profile data with configurable intervals (1, 5, 15, 30, and 60 minutes)
- Capable of supporting TOU without a battery
- Advanced Security available
Landis+Gyr’s turnkey LTE-M cellular solution is the newest communication addition to the Gridstream Connect utility IoT platform. This feature-rich cellular system provides a cost-effective end-to-end cellular option for smart grid communications. It also integrates seamlessly with existing Gridstream Connect implementations, adding to RF Mesh, Mesh IP, and PLC deployments.