A revolutionary approach to smart metering technology, the modular design and communication architecture combining LTE cellular p2p, RF Mesh and G3-PLC technologies make the new Landis+Gyr E360 meter a future-proof solution ready for the IoT world. Read more
The new IoT meter
A revolutionary approach to smart metering technology, the modular design and communication architecture combining LTE cellular p2p, RF Mesh and G3-PLC technologies make the new Landis+Gyr E360 meter a future-proof solution ready for the IoT world. Utilities no longer need to choose and lock to a single communication media and fixed functionality set, but can instead adapt the device to meet the requirements of the future. The flexibility, modular design and long asset lifetime of the E360 deliver utilities exceptional value for their investment.
Intelligent communications concept
The Gridstream system combines multiple communication technologies in a single architecture to meet the topography of the utility’s environment.
Cellular p2p, RF mesh and PLC communication are operated in the same network managed by a uniform communication management platform.
Modular gateway design
The modular gateway design of the E360 enables any meter to become a gateway device just by adding a module, removing the need for separate RF collectors or PLC data concentrators. This provides a new level of flexibility in the communications network, as the meter’s role can be changed on-site just by changing the module, without even switching off the power or requiring an electrician, which greatly improves meter installation and rollout efficiency.
Designed to minimize the TCO
The modular design and the remotely updatable, intelligent firmware platform of the E360 allow energy companies to flexibly adapt to the changes in the regulation, technology and utility’s business models. Integration costs are also reduced by the meter’s compliance with IDIS (Interoperable Device Interface Specifications) protocol.
A Fair Meter
The E360 has been designed from scratch to follow the key principles of the Fair Meter initiative, ensuring energy, emissions, materials, safety of resources and circularity requirements are considered in all stages of the meter's lifecycle.
- Modular communications supporting LTE cellular p2p, RF mesh and G3 PLC
- Resilient design providing long asset lifetime and high-level security
- Gateway modules remove need for separate master meters or data concentrators
- Consumer Information Interface allows easy integration to consumer applications
- Remotely updatable firmware
- Standardized and interoperable (IDIS/DLMS/COSEM)
- Designed according to the Fair Meter principle
- Integrated load switch (optional)
- Wireless & wired multi-energy support (M-Bus)
- Programmable demand-response functions
- Sophisticated network quality of supply functionalities
- E2E Security concept, fully GDPR compliant
- Anti-tampering package
- E360 cellular p2p variants for Holland (released)
- E360 LTE CAT M1 and NB1 (coming soon)
- E360 RF mesh (coming soon)
- E360 G3 PLC (coming soon)
- Europe, the Middle East and Africa