The solution is a distributed client/server SCADA system that supports multiple front-end processors, servers, and operator workstations. It includes voice synthesis, areas of responsibility, automatic alarm inhibit, customizable alarm sounds, and other advanced functions.
Distributed Client & Server Architecture
TDS supports multiple, distributed communication front-end processors (FEPs) and remote or local operator workstations. Core program can be run on two servers simultaneously to provide continuous system availability and protection from hardware failures.
High Security Level
Our feature rich security ensures full NERC-CIP compliance and provides a centralized security manager that determines which programs are authorized to run on each computer. Security alerts provide instant notification of unauthorized access attempts. Encryption prevents interception of logon and authorization codes, and time encoding prevents unauthorized replay of network data.
Advanced Operator Interface
Operators can use multiple workstations simultaneously, with full support for areas of responsibility. Customizable audio and visual alarms can be set and managed through time sorting and 256 priority levels. A device manager provides communication accounting statistics and control of substation and field devices.
Simplified System Administration
A rich set of configuration tools simplifies system administrators’ jobs. Ease-of-use features include device and view creation from templates, and database management tools for quick import and export of data.
- Distributed Client & Server Architecture
- Advanced Operator Interface
- High Security Level
- Simplified System Administration
Advanced Control Center Benefits
- Flexibility: Easily adapt the system to suit the needs of different control centers, from those with a single operator to those with multiple operators on 24/7 shifts.
- Scalability: As requirements grow, the system can be easily expanded.
- Ease of use: An intuitive user interface and a rich set of tools simplify tasks for both operators and system administrators.
- Cost-effectiveness: TDS provides efficiency for small utilities through large regional control centers.
- Advanced control center management, supporting multiple operators and workstations
- System administration
- Real-time data recording, including millisecond time-stamping
- Advanced data analysis
- Vendor agnostic protocol support over serial and/or TCP/IP communication links
High Performance Functions:
Automatic alarm inhibit prevents repetitive erroneous alarms from clogging system logs and printers. An integrated display editor supports the creation of custom graphic screens or reusable templates for common devices. With the system’s optional historian, event data can be displayed on screen with millisecond accuracy or exported to spreadsheets. Inter-system communication enables multiple control centers to be linked to share data and control, and makes adding control center for backup and disaster recovery extremely affordable.